Top 5 Tips for building successful Social Discovery Apps
Through our experience of developing several Social discovery apps for our clients at TheAppLabb here are the Top 5 Tips for building successful Social Discovery Apps:
- Be mobile first and stick to mobile only
- Be multi-platform, i.e. launch both iPhone and Android apps right from the beginning
- Your phase 1 launch should be a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) – which focuses only on delivering the core features of the app. It’s ideal if you have atleast 1 feature which no other app does (well atleast no other successful app targeting the same audience).
- If you are targeting on 2 sets of audience at the same time, which are critical for discovery, e.g. men and women, riders and drivers etc., then make sure that you focus equally on acquiring both the audiences, to maintain the supply and demand
- Setup analytics to get all the critical user behavior data, such as time of user activity. You can use such data to target ads or incentives at the same time.