Top Tech Trends Businesses Must Incorporate in 2017!
Living in a society that is dominated by technology, we are bound to observe the compelling innovations that will soon be embraced in the realm of business. 2017 cordially introduces a myriad of technology trends that bring a promise of utility and engagement to society. This year will be enveloped with much more innovation in Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Blockchain, Augmented Reality, Intelligent Apps, Intelligent Things and Conversational Systems. With the power of technology, many businesses should capitalize and execute these digital strategies as a drive towards company growth.
Artificial Intelligence & Advanced Machine Learning
Artificial Intelligence enables a computer to learn, reason, understand and interact to make decisions like humans.
Companies are overwhelmed with data. The amount of information on theInternet and privately held within companies is growing exponentially. Without intelligence, there is no point in storing all this massive amount of data. AI can be best used to sort through that data, derive insights and instruct on proper actions to take based on data analysis. It’s impossible for humans alone to analyze these large data sets. Through informed decision- making with AI, industries become more accurate and efficient
Big technology giants have invested and created technologies to set in motion innovation with AI. We have seen Google make advancements with its deep learning technology and the launch of IBM Watson.
The types of artificial intelligence innovations we will see in 2017 are conversational systems, intelligent apps, and intelligent things. They will transform and improve approaches to productivity in retail, education, healthcare, government, businesses, manufacturing plants and much more.
Throughout this article, you will find examples of what you can create in AI, for your industry in 2017. AI brings innovative technology trends that will positively benefit and impact every business and industry type.
Messaging services have gained lots of momentum in the last few years and are only going up in demand once you add cognitive computing to it. If you haven’t heard, conversational systems are the new social media. Individuals can interact with apps or other digital devices via bidirectional text or voice conversations to make requests and receive answers promptly. Conversational systems are powered by AI; they understand user needs and then provide a correct response that has been assigned to that scenario immediately, based on the decision tree. Additionally, conversational systems can intuitively self-learn from scenarios to improve algorithms. In 2017, everyone will be raving about the rise of innovation with Chatbots, a popular conversational system, and its capability to build rich user experiences by mimicking how humans communicate versus a browse or search interaction.
Here are some Chatbot solutions that will be popular this year:
- Sales Chatbot is a conversational solution, where shoppers can converse with a system to be guided through the whole shopping experience. Chatbots enhance the user experience by providing recommendations for products based on user preferences and persona as well as allow them to place and modify orders. Businesses can advertise, upsell and cross-sell products to shoppers. This solution is ideal for retailers, e-commerce businesses, restaurants and ticket sellers.
- Travel Chatbot can assist travel agencies by streamlining the process through conversational solutions for customers interested in booking a vacation. Users can ask questions regarding destination, hotels, flights and prices all in real time. Through relationship interaction and personality insights, the system will provide and match solutions for users.
- Virtual Guide Chatbot can be used as an educator, advisor or guide to assist individuals in transforming the teaching process into a conversation and familiarizing them with the new environment and/or skills. Some applications can include, helping new university students navigate the campus; hotels can assist travelers in foreign countries; Companies can aid new employees integrate faster and operate as a teaching assistant for online students.
- Customer Service Chatbot can improve service for consumers and reduce the load on company help desk. Companies can answer customer questions right away by training the Chatbot to answer frequently asked questions. Through tone analysis, chatbot can detect disgruntled customers and escalate to a manager
We can thank Artificial Intelligence for the advent of intelligent apps, another promising technology trend. Intelligent Apps are a combination of AI and apps. AI comprises of various methods such as machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, and speech/visual recognition. Cognitive Apps use various methods such as machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, and speech and/or visual recognition to provide insights into broader areas in real-time assisting users in identifying opportunities, decision making and performing redundant tasks that require processing lots of data.
Here are some of the technology trends we will see for Intelligent Apps:
- Real Time Relevant Alert App provides users with information that is most relevant to them by analyzing and curating content via AI techniques like natural language processing, contextual and sentiment analysis. For example, financial institutions could provide real-time information related to markets trends, investment opportunities, company news, stock tickers through cognitive apps to investment managers so they can better assist clients and manage funds better. Such apps would best serve companies in healthcare, retail, finance, education, government and media industries.
- Diagnosis Apps assist medical professionals in diagnosing patients by matching patient symptoms, health history, vital stats, nutrition data with criteria for a particular condition, and further match it with relevant treatment and medications. The app algorithms are designed to mimic the current screening and diagnosing process for any health problem. Apart from medicine, such apps would serve well as a solution for professional in nutrition, fitness, sports, and therapy.
- Education Apps will change the way educators teach students through personalization. The app collects and analyzes data on optimal learning patterns, preferences, strengths, weaknesses, and academic progress of students. The information provides immediate feedback that guides instructional decisions and assists in creating unique customized targeted instructional plans matched to every student’s requirement.
Intelligent things can be best described as assorted technologies meshed up together to give emergence to self-governing devices. In other words, current Internet of Things infused with hardware, software, sensors, apps and chips combined with AI, delivers intelligent things. AI and machine learning can power Internet of Thing devices to learn, reason and converse amongst each other autonomously and deliver desired outcomes with little supervision. Popular inventions circulating are smart home appliances, smart medical devices, robots and autonomous vehicles. In the near future, we will see many technology trends especially AI empowered devices immersed in physical locations such as home, hospitals, retail stores and manufacturing plants creating and providing seamless experiences.
This solution for Intelligent Things will be in demand in 2017:
- IOT enabled Retail Solution analyzes Wi-Fi, sensors, ibeacons and facial recognition video data and provides personalization using artificial intelligence and chatbots to enhance the in-store customer experience. Information extracted from IoT technologies is used to identify emotions, visit frequencies, understand preferences, recognize customer’s behavior and in-store locations that get the most traction. Insights from data analyzed in real-time enable IoT technologies to autonomously offer promotions and product information to customers while they walk about the store, and redirect appropriate store personnel to shoppers. Retailers gain from increased sales when facilitating technologies that accelerate real-time decision and more tailored 1-on-1 marketing and services to shoppers.
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality are immersive experiences created by making use of digital devices and software programs. Virtual Reality provides the user with the perception of being actually present in the interactive world via a headset. The headset gives a 3-dimensional view, other sensor simulations and the virtual interactivity gives user ability to navigate in the virtual environment. The user identifies the world as real, as they can freely move about and interact with things in it. Augmented Reality differs from VR as it doesn’t provide a fully immersive experience. Instead, Augmented Reality overlays digital data and multimedia elements onto the real world they are in, via the phone camera or AR headsets. These experiences can be achieved with VR headsets such as Oculus rift, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, Sony Playstation VR and Google Cardboard; AR headsets such as Google Glasses (RIP], Recon Jet, Solos, Vuzix, Sony SmartEyeGlass; and Mixed Reality headsets such as Microsoft Hololens. VR and AR will deliver many technology trends and is a value add for any business, so don’t miss out on creating these captivating engaging experiences for your target audience.
Here are some practical uses for VR and AR that will be popular this year:
- VR Apps for real estate can be used to showcase pre-construction homes and condos, with immersive 3D and virtual reality experiences to potential buyers. Buyers could view property layout, customize the layout by changing wall color, designs, flooring, cabinetry, furniture, and appliances. Real estate developers’ benefits include reduction of costs by eliminating physical showrooms, upselling on upgrades easily and speeding up the buying process. Here is a video of a similar project that TheAppLabb team recently launched.
- VR Trainer apps can simulate the entire job environment in virtual reality for organizations that provide complex field training for professionals like mechanics, pilots, soldiers, and doctors. Trainees are enabled to apprentice and master skill sets required for the job, by learning through action in various virtual scenarios and interacting with simulated equipment. Organizations will benefit from decreased training expenses and reduced hours spent on live training.
- AR Job guide apps can assist employees that need access to digital information in front of them through augmented reality glasses when both their hands are required to carry out field work. People working in Complex Assembly, Maintenance, Material Handling and Field Service can access digital content such as work orders, service tickets, maintenance tasks, data dashboards, video conference feed to an expert, to enhance productivity.
Blockchain, the underlining technology behind the disruptive bitcoin movement is increasing in popularity. Blockchain is a publicly available, time stamped transaction publishing technology that can be verified via a decentralized authority, consisting of networks of individuals participating in the system through various laptops and hardware scattered worldwide. Core benefits of Blockchain are expedited transactions, reduced costs, protection against fraud, transparency, security and the ability to record the movement of transactions digitally with it’s distributed ledger functionality. Blockchain technology can last forever as long as the peers in the network consistently participate, continuously keeping verify transactions on a timely basis and retain copies of transactions on Blockchain network. Blockchain has many practical purposes where there is a need to store and preserve public information at any given point of time. It can be applied for digital asset protection, title registration, and property ownership.
Here is a Blockchain solution that will become prominent in 2017:
- IoT enabled Blockchain system can be used by manufacturing and supply chain companies for digital asset creation, storage, and management of products, online customer identities and the internet of things. For items being shipped and transported over through multiple systems, Blockchain and IoT can provide information on the position, delivery date, and place of product packages. Organizations have data accuracy assurance with blockchain technology and can handle the movement of products accordingly to ensure smooth delivery.